1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Good question. I was 14. I was in the 9th grade at Southern Nash Jr. High School in Spring Hope, NC. LOL So country, I know. Don't judge me! But at that grade, I was trying to impress my "friends"...two of which I am still happily involved with (shout outs to Valerie and Alicia who are now mothers and teachers, respectively). I was in marching band and proud of it. I was taking advanced Math, History and English courses and excelling. Lizzie (my former best friend) was still alive and crazy as ever. I tried black & milds and coughed liked crazy, but continued to puff on them because of peer pressure.
2. List 5 things on today's To Do List
- Follow up interview with Ursula Stephen (Rihanna's hairstylist)
- Come up with questions for Latoya Ruby Frazier interview, reschedule interview?
- Go to post office to get money order for mother/uncle
- Last juicy party of the year with my bff before his lucky arse goes off to a Mexican Christmas Cruise
- Love Myself.
Cheese, Pepperoni, Cashews, Turtle Chex and Cheese
4. Things I'd do if I were a billionaire
- Pay off all debts
- Help my sister out of her madness
- Get my momma out the hood and into her dream home
- Help my immediate family with some much needed extra cash
- Get stock in Cheese
- Create my own breast cancer foundation
- Ask Donald/Oprah/Russell Simmons what to do now?
- Oh and shopping, durrrr!
- born in Winston Salem, NC
- lived in Rocky Mount, NC most of my life
- when we moved to Elm City, NC...I thought I would die! LOL But it turned out to be a move that shaped who I am today. Learned/grew a lot in that house
- Greenville, NC for college. Oh man, did this move shape me! LOL College years, what can I say?!
- Jersey City, NJ...my first move out of college, closer to my dream. But I hated Jersey ICK.
- Finally, Harlem! NEW YORK CITY. A place I dreamed of living in for a LONG time and I am here. I guess I need to be a bit more thankful lol
- Chad, my new bff and someone that I can count on no matter what. I love this boy more and more everyday, but sometimes I feel like I don't know much about him beyond what I already know. Am I one of those friends that always talks about themselves? Yes, but that shouldn't stop him from talking about himself as well.
- My sister, for the same reason as above. I feel we share a superficial relationship and very rarely do we get into the desires of her heart, mind and spirit. I want to be there for her more and for her to open up to me.
- Beyonce. I swear little miss perfection has a secret life and I want to know about it!