Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reflect HIM

"Let this same attitude and purpose and humble mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus. Let Him be your example in humility" (Philippians 2:5 AMP).

The scripture starts with the word "let," which automatically takes on a spirit of invitation. When we are reborn as believers, we INVITE the Lord into our lives. Meaning we become children of the Most High.

I don't know about you guys, but that is a lot of pressure. I know that your parents often mold you into the best person that they can and that is no different when you accept God as a father.

Happy Belated Father's Day God. (since I didn't publish this until 2 days after). I hope that I have not disappointed you in being who I am. That's a rather potent statement that often leads to my own misunderstanding of being a believer.

According to the core of "Christianity," I should be better than what I am. Can I really say that I try to be the best person that I can be? I am not so sure that I put up a fight, but I can say that I put up some effort.

The last thing a child wants to be to their parent, is a disappointment. And here lies the pressure of being a believer. Should I not try at all, especially when I know I am not trying my best? Why is it so hard to give God the best of me?

Also, am I only trying so that I can avoid the horrible fate of Hell? I don't want to feel as though I am being selfish by following God because going to Heaven is more appealing than that opposite fate. I know that to feel like I am following God's path for me, I have to sincerely know in my heart and believe, but why is it so hard for me to feel that passion?

I feel like I am floating through life and going through the motions with no specific direction or purpose. I feel as though all the passion and drive I used to have has dried up. Father, it is my prayer today that you help me find what I am missing. I am willing to do the footwork, please guide me. I don't like having this feeling that something is missing.

So, here begins my search with my Father to find what I am missing. My passion. My zest. My LIFE.

No comments: